Tuesday, 29 November 2011

Time to ramp up production.

It's getting towards the end of the project, and because of this, i've started coming into uni every day until moderately late so that I can concentrate more on doing the project.

I recieved some advice today, which was that I should focus less on the background animation and just make sure that the menu is functional and well laid out, and as that is the core of the project, I think it's good advice.

I took an area of cambridge from google maps and traced it to make my world map, and since then i've used it as the basis for a 3D map which i'm going to have as the gameplay footage.

As far as the menu is concerned, i've got a much nicer version of the menu you saw in the previous video, it's been refined quite a lot. What i'd like to do is have the camera swing down to the front of the player character and have them alligned to the right of the screen so that you can see their face as you scroll through the menu. That's not in the version i'm currently rendering.

In fact the movement of the player and camera is ridiculously temporary in this version but i'm gonna put it on hold temporarily until the menu design really shines. The quest was going to be the core of my project but i'm having trouble doing any designs for the interface which really do it justice.

Right so, anyway, here's the link to the latest proof of concept:

http://youtu.be/-48831PmpAk


No comments:

Post a Comment