Monday, 26 September 2011
Idea 1 development: Poshing Around In Boats
I've never made a straightforward 3D animation that I've been especially proud of. Modelling and texturing I suppose I'm okay at, rigging I'm terrible at, but the main focus would of course be on the animation, which I know I need a lot of improvement on. The other reason for choosing this idea, of course, would be becuase I think i've got a potentially entertaining story laid out.
McPoshington and McFarthington are two characters I created years ago when I made a terrible audio-mini-monologue-thingy and posted it on DeviantART. The first character, McFarthington, I drew really quickly as a demonstration to my brother of what I thought a posh character shouldlook like, the second character, McPoshington, is what my brother thought a posh person should look like. I ended up using them both as seperate characters, and the audio-mini-monologue-thingy is based on what I thought those characters would sound like. These are the general looks and personalities that I would like the characters to have in my animation.
The idea behind the animation is, McPoshington and McFarthington win a free boat trip in a newspaper, however upon arrival at the docks, the boat is old and falling apart. Undetered, McFarthington sets about restoring the boat to it's former possible glory, and tells McPoshington to head into the nearby port town and get some crew members.
After going into the local pubs and finding the prices offered too expensive, McPoshington finds some self-aware sticks of TNT hanging around in an alley, they all have mostaches and a few of them have mexican hats. They say they can help him on the ship for a low price. McPoshington and the TNT head back to the ship.
They set sail, the TNT sticks do a bad job of cleaning the ship and then one of them accidentally lights their fuse and blows up the ship along with the rest of the TNT sticks. McFarthington then has to swim back to shore dragging a singing McPoshington along behind him.
Potentially hilarious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment